Thursday, April 9, 2009

blessed tiredness...

I had a first this week!  I was invited to a conference in Durango, Colorado, of which I didn't see much besides the hotels and the Steamworks Brewery.  The drive both ways was sunny, and the mountains were so gorgeous.  I enjoyed getting to see some more of Colorado.  Along the way we found the most wonderful Organic Peddler and Peace of Art Cafe in Del Norte.  It made for the perfect lunch spot both ways.  The cafe is a cordwood building structure - beautiful colored bottles creating pictures inbetween the wood.  I enjoyed talking with Mike both stops.  His wife Kim is quite an artist and visionary!
 
But with over seven hours on the road Monday and again on Wednesday, I am relieved to have a couple days to rest before the four hours to New Mexico for Easter with the Vigils.  (I really would love to get there sooner than later...)  We are coming back Monday, so we can celebrate Easter dinner on Easter instead of Saturday.  I had an exceptionally full day at work to make it home long enough to drop off my bag and head to church for services.  Unfortunately, tiredness and hunger made it hard to be really present after an hour and a half.  But isn't that what the triduum is all about?  blessed tiredness...

No comments: