Monday, May 4, 2009

Still in shock...

I'm not sure anymore who reads these things, but it is still fun for me to write my heart out. 

This week has been a whirlwind.  This month, really, is where it all begins.  But getting back to work this week, getting my heart back in Denver, has taken a lot of effort.  There is so much to do at my desk, plus working evenings and Saturdays.  I am just tired and overwhelmed.  So it was quite nice when Tom and I were able to meet on my porch after work on Wednesday.  We sat on the futon on the porch and did the crossword puzzles from the newspaper.  Tom's been great for helping me process all that has happened.  

He pulled out this old medal, Virgin of Carmel on one side & Sacred Heart of Jesus on the other side.  He was telling me about how his mom had given it to him when he was young, and how, on its key ring, it had traveled everywhere with him on his motorcycle jacket, protecting him, so he could make it to that afternoon sitting on the porch with me.  And then he was down on one knee telling me he will love me forever and ever and asking me to marry him!?!?!  Oh my goodness!!!  

Since Wednesday I have been terribly busy with life and work.  I have been grateful to slowly call and visit friends to share the news, but I don't really like calling the attention to us.  My heart is all excited and wants everyone to know, but I also want to just savor this time and these emotions with Tom.  I am terribly behind in sharing the news with friends near and far.  Do forgive me if you see it here or hear from another first.  As I wrote, I am still a little in shock...

4 comments:

ferfischer said...

Congratulations to you, Tori!

Lee said...

So wonderful!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you. So it looks like from your post you said 'yes' ;).

I hope I get to meet Tom sometime!!

xox

thea said...

tori! yes, still here reading your blog...so happy for you! xo

Anonymous said...

Crosswords to marriage in one evening on the porch. I can't wait to see what the next couple of months bring.