Tuesday, September 8, 2009

too lazy to write

I haven't found (or made) time to post all the exciting things happening this summer.  Life's been a lot busier than one can maintain for too long. 

The last weekend in August, Tom and I returned to Portland to see family (and some friends this time, too).  Most notable was Nick's wedding to Jen Zea - now Ford!  It took me a minute to place myself in reality as I entered her phone number in my contacts list as Jen Ford - crazy!  Granted, I haven't changed my sister's to Miki Greenlee. 

After working or being on the road since fourth of July, I conceded to stay home for a weekend, though I had wanted to get out of town with the long weekend.  Our low-key weekend was anything but!  Friday I spent a half-day at the farm before picking Mary up from the airport.  I also picked up a couple books at the library for planning a wedding, as if that wasn't distracting and a wee bit stressful.  Mary & I rendezvoused late in the evening with Jennifer to dance, dance, dance on the one night Vinyl was playing in town.  Phew!  Three hours of getting down left me pooped!

Saturday, I slept in until practically noon (well, at least lazed in bed), so instead of breakfast, Tom and I went to our favorite sushi place for lunch, followed by errands on the west side and grape leaf plucking at our friends Ryan and Britta's house before church.  We had a wild and raucous evening of playing LIFE with Mary and then Gabe.  What a hoot!  Mary took us all by surprise when she spun the wheel and ended the game as a Billionaire Tycoon!

Sunday, I slept in again, but not as late.  Tom & I went to the farmers' market and got some olive bread, which became lunch.  And then we got 1/2 bushel of cukes and a bushel of chiles and had ourselves a domestic day of pickling 20 quarts of cukes and peeling/freezing chiles.  Phew!!  A hot and spicy day in the kitchen!

And since we had one more day, Tom & I met up with (cousin) Jake for an eight mile hike in Rocky Mountain National Park on Monday.  It was fun to have family time. It was invigorating to hike, and the scenery was lovely.  We finished off our play date with pizza and beers.

Did I mention I was tired today?  Anyone can guess that I slept hard this weekend, but I am not sure "enough" is true, too.  And my legs aren't sore, but biking to work this morning took a little more energy than I wanted to give. 

No comments: