Thursday, June 12, 2014

Busy Bees!

After a wonderful week of vacation, we landed hard - arriving home with only a couple hours left of May, we were ready to crash.  A few little germs from a few little boys may have found their way home in us, so we started June off in recovery mode.  But then after a week of moving slow, we turned it up to eleven!

The ceiling is finished - save for a little corner over the stairs I couldn't reach from the scaffolding.  It looks good, and its completion means the floor can be installed.


The cabinets have been painted gunmetal gray, and the faces stripped.  They're ready to be stained, and then the counter tops can be installed.

Tom did some more electrical work - installing switches and outlets.  Plus he installed the glass block above the doorways.


Our bedroom has been painted a peaceful dusty blue, so it's now ready for flooring.

Tom started on tiling around our tub, and I got the walls painted. 





We've been working a few weeknights, plus last weekend, to get all this done.  After oiling the ceiling all day Saturday, I wasn't sure I'd be able to lift my arms over my head for a while.  We were glad to take a couple nights off to celebrate Sara's birthday and to pray for rain (which we got), but I can't wait to see what we can accomplish this weekend!


No comments: