Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Tom & Jerry

I grew up loving the cartoons of Tom and Jerry, though my Tom will quickly point out how it would have been nice if just once Jerry would have gotten what he had coming for being such a little instigator. 

I am not sure if my cousin's son saw some mischief in me or also enjoys the cartoons, but after needing to be told my name a few times, his parting words were wondering when this picture would be taken - "with Tom and Jerry".


We enjoyed a great visit over Memorial Day, a stop over for my cousin and her family on their way to the Carlsbad Caverns.  We lucked out and were able to have a campfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.  Thomas thought it a travesty that I should pick out the hot dogs, but there were only two left (of 26) at the end of the night.  And the cats didn't even get any of them - not for trying.  Even after Daniel lost his hot dog bun to Curly, she still kept trying for more.  This surprised us all as she looked like she was having a seizure after a bite of habanero mustard off the bun.  Post campfire, the little boys survived a night of camping behind the house with their dad.  Much fun!!

And our final Memorial Day treat was a nice long motorcycle ride on Monday.  A nice long weekend!

1 comment:

Lovey Dove said...

Thank you wonderful time. We had a lot of fun with "Tom and Jerry". Hope to see you again soon.