Sunday, July 5, 2009

milestones...

July fourth - yesterday marked one year from moving in to this house! It was on the fourth of July that I took independence from Betty and came to be on Williams Street. It hardly seems like it was only a year ago... I am still so grateful to Betty for taking me in and helping me heal. Thank you! July second - the reason for the anniversary yesterday even - it was five years ago that I was struck by the car on Colfax while I was riding my bike. It isn't the best to remember it like that, but I remember it as a "Wow - look how far I've come" moment. In the last year, I settled my lawsuit with the state. Not long before that I finally bought a bike. I also had surgery to fix my hip, and now look at me...biking and all. My hip still has its days, but let's not dwell on that. June tenth was the date of my surgery last year, and now that I am a year out, I can jump again. I haven't taken up jump-roping just yet, though I think about it every now and again. And I think maybe I am allowed to run again, but that would just be crazy! Woo woo!

No comments: