Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Packing...

I have moved before.  I know what packing is all about.  Why it was only two years ago that I moved while on crutches (thanks, again, Minerva & Eric, Nikki, Gundy, Niffer, Andrea & Shaun, Davis & Kathy, Betty, AnnaBelle, Rudy & Nancy, Cathy, Mom...and all for your moral support)!  Granted, I have never moved out of a city in a long time, at which point I had nothing that couldn't fit in a reasonable box. 

So packing up my apartment of two years reveals two things: one - I had a lot more storage space than I acknowledged previously and two - I maximized all said storage space.  Ouch!

Most everything is packed up, cleaning is scheduled for Saturday, and the move should be finished by Sunday. And none of this would be possible without all of Thomas's work packing and the generous spirit of his father, who arrives with a 16' trailer and Tom's nephew to haul away all the boxes and furniture on Firday.  Yes, truly, I am blessed in the moving department yet again!

No comments: