Wednesday, May 15, 2013

a long time coming....

Thomas has had a lot to do.  He grumbles a lot that all he ever does is fix things, though I can attest to some of the other things that occupy his time.  His motorcycle has been sitting under the horse barn for a very long time. 

In Denver Thomas and I would get out on his motorcycle now and then, mostly just for long rides.  When we moved to New Mexico (three years ago at the the end of this month), I think it was brought down on the trailer and then parked.  He did put a windshield on it, in the hopes he might get to take it to work.  But he carpooled to Raton for a very long time, and somehow I just can't picture him and Chris riding it together.  He's gotten it running the past couple summers, but has done little more than that. 

Last night he got it running again, and he invited me to hop on as he took it up and down the highway through town.  We couldn't have gone more than two miles, but I whooped it up when we got back.  That was my first ride as a married woman.  And my first ride in New Mexico.  And hopefully not my last!

(I keep asking if we can take the bike to church.   Maybe this weekend...)

No comments: