Monday, December 15, 2014

No snow....boohoo

My hopes were raised and dashed twice in the last two days.  I was told there would be snow.  The "pineapple express" or something like that was bringing a front with snow, and it got blown away!!  Yesterday morning, I sat snuggled in my blanket watching the snow-filled clouds come rolling over the mesa, unfurl their load, and get blown away before any snow could even land on the ground.  Really, I think the snow just blew sideways.  Then another bank of clouds would drop over, only to dissipate in the wind. 

I was really hoping for a snow day even more than the snow, though I do know we could use the moisture.  It's just so tough when you make a day and a half of progress and then have to go back to the other work and can't finish what you were doing on the weekend. 

And what we "were doing on the weekend" was working on the basement.  We got most of the northern wall in the basement done, plus we framed two doors, and we even got one of them hung.  This being the primary achievement among others, like rotating the tires on my car, replacing the plastic "shield" under the engine block, and catching the kittens and playing with them. And this past week we got the lights installed in the TV room downstairs, which means we have a working light switch for coming and going (major convenience factor). 

If I had a snow day (and my hubby, too), I think we would have built and framed the door from the TV room into the mechanical room and hung it.  That would mean we could do some other rearranging and start cleaning up even more of the dust!  Guess it'll have to wait because there isn't any more snow in our forecast for a while!

No comments: