Saturday, May 10, 2008

Not a secret anymore...

I guess it was less a secret than a surprise! I flew to Portland Saturday morning and surprised Miki for her birthday. Her boyfriend Marty was in on it, and I walked in to church on Saturday night and snuck in next to her. She just laughed...incidentally she asked me the weekend before if I was going to come home and surprise her for her birthday. I'm not a terrific liar, but I fumbled over a comment about needing to start biking right away if I was going to get there in time. She claimed Saturday night that she actually didn't think I would, just said it because she remembered the time I surprised Abba for his birthday. Saturday: breakfast with Nick (who just lost his tonsils) and Dad, lunch and grocery shopping with Mom, a nap, a couple hours with Grandma, church, dinner and wine tasting and pictionary with Miki & Marty & Lana & Jenny, plus a sleepover Sunday: breakfast and a walk, picked up Erin from the train & walked to Saturday Market - Blossoming Lotus - Powell's Books - Waterfront Park, prepared for party and then partied with Miki and family Monday: LONG walk with Erin, harvested Grandma's rhubarb, lunch at Lucky Lab brewery, an hour of play with Amy & her girls, took Erin back to train station, sushi with Abba & Auggie & Miki & Marty, packing Tuesday: took Nick to pick up his motorcycle and paycheck, visited with Grandma, took Ave & Sophie out to lunch, had a tea party with Amy and the girls...left town! I really didn't need to go into all the detail, but I wasted no time on this short trip to Portland. I missed visiting with a lot of people, as my last two trips were three weeks long and afforded a lot of time for visiting (& sleeping). I came back and got a sore throat and a cough. Yuck! But I did bring sunshine to Portland from Denver, and rain from Portland to Denver - very good weather for both. Now back to apartment and car hunting...

No comments: