Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So schreepy

Before I put myself to bed, I have to say that I partied like a rockstar with my buddy ToddieP, who came out from Nashville to see all his lady friends in Denver, and now I am paying the price.  I don't know how the hipsters do it.  Friday night we closed Sancho's, Saturday night we watched D&C until 3 am, and Sunday we watched Flight of the Conchords till 2 am.  Phew!!  Todd definitely has some magic spell that keeps him going...
 
Friday night we went to see opening night of Naked Coffee, a sketch comedy group Mary and Erik are both in.  It was great to laugh and laugh.  They were both really excellent.  Erik started with an info-mercial for "chafe away, a product necessary on those days you decide to go walk 13 miles", and I laughed remember the half-marathon we did a year ago.  Could have come in handy!  They did skits and videos and improv games.  It is still running for two more weekends if you live in the area. 
 
Anywho...work has been pretty intense as we gear up for growing season, but more importantly, get all the plants in the ground, so we have something to take care of all season.  Three more events this week, and then we switch into a more regular schedule.  This is really important because two weeks from today, I will be on pain killers and crutches.  Who knew after almost four years since that darn bike accident that the doctors would finally figure out why I am still having pain??  Dr. Raj Bazaz is my new hero for ordering the right MRI and finding the tear in my right labrum (look it up on goodsearch.com).  I go in for surgery on the 10th to have it "cleaned up" and hope to be on crutches for just a week and then take it easy for another week.  Offer up a prayer if you remember, but before then you can offer up a prayer for Ahna and Oren, who are due for their first baby on Friday.  We are all so excited and waiting patiently for the call that announces she's begun birthing.  And on that note, sweet dreams! 

No comments: