Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FISHY FISHY!!

I "made up" a recipe, and everyone enjoyed it.  I was inspired to make some fish for family dinner because Ahna and Sarah were not attending.  They are even more strict vegetarians than I.  So I talked it over with my rolfer last night, and she recommended a fish packet of rice, vegetables, and fish.  I discussed it with my co-workers, and Scott recommended a fish packet with vegetables and fish with a white wine/butter sauce.  Well, I still needed to be lactose intolerant for Gabe, so I was thinking more along the lines of asian. 
 
What I did prepare (with a lot of assistance from Tom): parchment packets of sweet potatoes, carrots, red bell peppers, onions, and brocolli rabe topped with a fillet of salmon doused with a marinade of soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable broth, honey, ginger, garlic, and chili sauce.  And as Tom overheard me listing the ingredients, he included, "Love; don't forget love!"  The rice was on the side, and an extra packet of vegetables was steamed in case Sarah could make it (which she did, and I am grateful to have had something special for her, too!).  The other tasty and terribly unappealing looking dish was a reprise of mashed potato casserole - a small casserole dish was untouched at Thanksgiving and promptly frozen.  It always tastes good, but Thanksgiving wasn't yesterday, so it lost some of its charm.
 
Well, I best get to bed.  I had a rough start to my day, and now that it has quieted down, a headache is creeping in.  g'night....

No comments: