Sunday, July 5, 2009

shreepy - shreepy

I would like to have thought I could sleep in past ten am. I went to bed after midnight last night, and Friday night I didn't sleep well, and Thursday night was late with an early rise for work before camping. But here I am...About 7:30 am I just knew it was time. I couldn't keep falling asleep and going back to this dream where I found a hidden cupboard in my grandparents' house in Pat's old room. It had all these beautiful pieces of glass and porcelain from Japan. There were a couple things I really wanted to get to keep. It was so neat to get to feel like a kid going exploring for treasures. I remember how much I loved going through my parents' closet or through the basement storeroom exploring for forgotten trinkets or dresses or boxes of "stuff". It is still a fun endeavor to go exploring, though now it is usually in thrift stores. In my dream I was pulling these treasures out of hiding and thinking maybe I could just take one little thing, but I knew they belong to my mom and her siblings. I couldn't just take anything, so I put them all away and would ask my mom about them. But then my grandpa came home - the scrawny and scruffy guy from his last summer. He asked me to help tuck him into bed, so I did. I keep dreaming about them, waking up crying and missing them. I don't want to keep going back to bed to find myself wandering through the same dreams... Last Saturday I was in Omaha for Nikki's wedding, and after the ceremony and reception, I walked downtown and around the lake. I was overwhelmed with wanting to call Grandma, so called Grandma's house. It was sad, and I cried, but sometimes I just can't help but want them back. So here I sit feeling sad and sleepy. It looks like a cloudy Portland morning outside. I guess I will have to keep dreaming...

No comments: