Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FIRST SKI DAY!!!!

I know so many people who would be dismissive that it took so long to have a ski day this season.  But I am planning a wedding, working full time, and just really busy without tons of disposable income.

I had to sit out last season because of hip surgery in 2008.  And the winter before I spent much time traveling and starting a new job, so I skied just a few times.  Well, unsure what the winter would hold, I didn't get a ski pass. 

Anyhow, after a false alarm, today was the day.  I got a bit nervous about a snowy forecast.  Then I heard on the radio this morning that the high was 28 and snowy.  Dios mio....not Colorado conditions for a first day up.  It was sunny for alternating runs, and though I didn't look great, I got my form back a few times.  It was a lot of fun, and I am super grateful for my friend Sarah Hafner spending the day with me on the slopes!

Next trip in 8 days!

No comments: