Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lucky and Lazy....

I didn't win the mega millions and quit my job - neither did Thomas.  I have been lucky and lazy in other ways, though.

--The gas station didn't have any water in the bucket for me to scrub my windshield on my drive home, and I could barely see anymore.  I kept thinking I should just get out a scrubby and some cleaner, but never did.  The snow coming down last night helped clean it all off - job done the lazy way!  Thanks, God!

--Sunday it was too windy to work outside when I got home from church / work.  AND "This Old House" was finally again, so Thomas and I got to cuddle up on the couch and watch it.  Super lucky getting to be lazy together!

--The lake is filling up, which is a welcome sight after watching it dry up all summer and fall.  And what luck:  we got a great dumping of wet snow last night, and Tom and I both got to stay home today and be mostly lazy.  I baked some bread, and we both futzed.  Tom having to help me get out of the mud in front of Granny's was hard work for him, but mostly today was a windfall for us. 

AND JUST PLAIN LUCKY  -- Felix had two kittens today.  Thomas was super excited!  I am grateful she had them while he is here.  He would have been super bummed if they came while he was in Phoenix.  And while I am still not a "cat person" and though my family will not fathom it at all, it is exciting to see the two little kittens.  We hope they make it through the cold night, and then maybe Thomas will name them after he gets to see more than their back sides while they nurse.  Evidently all my suggestions are lame, lamer, and lamest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that if there are two kittens then you should name one and him the other. If he doesn;t go for that then maybe you should get a pet owl.

Marie