Friday, July 19, 2013

Crazy July

This month is flying by.  After Dad's visit and departure on the first of July, things cranked up at work.  A few long days getting ready for Vacation Bible School before a long Fourth of July holiday, and then an exhausting week of VBS.  I still feel like I am playing catch-up.

Thomas and I snuck off to Santa Fe for an overnighter on the fourth.  We came back slowly with 2500 pounds of tile in the truck.  It wasn't exactly what we went for, but it sure is good not to be shopping for it anymore.  It will cover the common areas of the main floor.  The fireworks on TV aren't the same, but we did see the kids play with sparklers the last night my dad was in town.

 sisters having fun

After unloading the tile, we cut the tile for our bathroom floor designs.  After laying out the pattern, we were both feeling pretty excited about them.  Then last weekend we glued them down.  It was a messy endeavour, and I was hosed off with WD-40 after nearly fixing myself to the corner of the bathroom floor.  Ooops!

Pop came over with Andres, and they got another 20 feet of pipe laid in.  I'm still a little suspicious about who peed in the pipe, as there was a little liquid in the first 20 feet when I pulled the cap off.  Gratefully the cap made it back on, as we have had some awesome rain storms the past week.

the trench became a trough - more than once

a puddle - a real live puddle!  I almost forgot what they were

Finally, I am not a cat person.  But I might be a kitten person.  Truly, baby animals are really, really cute.  We have six kittens running around the place.  The three older ones really started to get social towards the beginning of the month, and their three younger cousins have recently emerged, too.  They crack me up with their pouncing on each other and tumbling around.  They love climbing the trees and chasing the washer Tom tied to the end of a stick.  Great entertainment!  I don't like it when they hide under my car in the morning, but sometimes they try to show off as I take off in the mornings.

Smokey may have stretched herself a little thin in this maneuver.  I was leaving for work, but had the camera on the seat and captured some kitten acrobatics.

No comments: