Friday, April 29, 2016

Sucked into the vortex...

March was a busy month - thus the lack of posts.

I started the month on trial - a murder trial.  I was in the jury until deliberation, at which point I was set free as an alternate.  He was guilty, so the jury's decision was which charge to go with.  I don't envy my new friends who handed over that verdict.

I lucked out on a trip to Denver to see the girls in Denver.  It was silly to have packed the snowshoes, as we had a lovely hike in the sunshine.  It was great to spend time with my old roomies.

Hooray for reunions!!

Then the month was subsumed with funerals, Holy Week, Easter, some extra hours in the office at church, picking up the administration/bookkeeping of our local water association, irrigating, dropping the car off in Pueblo for recall work, preparing the yard for a deck and garden, and then some.





The deck actually was a nice spot for breakfast twice this week, though it was covered in snow this morning.
It is about 16'x9', so a nice spot to hang out.  The cats think it is terrific to watch TV (Thomas or Tori Vigil).
I built the planter box behind it, though it filled with snow sooner than I could fill it with dirt.  Next: filling it with plants - I seeded tomatoes and peppers!


April was off to a similar start, including a meeting in Albuquerque, a trip to get the car, to Pueblo, to Confirmation, and all around preparations for a visit from my sister and her family!  A week off of work to play with my nephews was definitely in order after the hectic March, but I am still playing catch up!

No comments: