Monday, January 14, 2008

Back in Denver with time to kill!

I'm back in Denver, not quite against my will, but it was tough to leave all the fun in the NW. It's cold here, but I think I am just in denial that I am not heading south of here anytime soon.

I still don't have an income, but I am looking...a few things have caught my eye. Over-analytical me, I am really trying to be super thoughtful about this new job of mine and how it can afford me to do all the things I want. I am not ready for early retirement by any means, but I would really like to volunteer and be available to friends without forgetting to make time for me.

I spent my first day back in my room rearranging. The rest of the house is a bit messy, and I know my room is quickly on its way to blending in if I don't unpack. Ahhh....habits of life. I do love the se corner of my room which is newly redesigned with lots of plants and my chair facing the sunny windows. My bed is still warm and comfy and absolutely the place to be until late in the morning, though the rest of the room doesn't warm up. It is good to see the girls, and Erik spoiled me by losing to me in a few games of cards last night. I already have plans for skiing and snowshoeing. And happy hour at the 'chos is scheduled for tomorrow! Yippee!! I am still suffering through some spinal pain - low back and neck. I have a couple things to do before Mary and I can settle our insurance claim with the car (I know I haven't posted in forever, but my first day in the states and driving, I was rear-ended in a hit-n-run. Though drivable, the car is a total loss, and I am totally frustrated - with claims bs and some back pain. Alas!) I see my rolfer today, so hopefully she will have some promising things to say. I am cooking this week, so any ideas are helpful...Best to you! tori

No comments: