Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time to backdate myself

I haven't been posting, as you will notice if you read this. But I wonder who would still read this now that my adventures are over. My adventures...living in Denver, looking for a job, and catching up on movies I have missed...these are not adventures. I got up this morning early - earlier than usual. I set the alarm for 7:15 am, so I could ready myself to catch a bus at 8 am to the University of Denver to hear Barack Obama speak. It is not even 9:30 am, and I am home. I mis-remembered the bus time, 8:10 am, as 8:00 am, which was actually when I needed to leave the house. Instead, I left too early, stamping my feet in the cold and trying to keep my fingers warm at the stop. Twenty minutes didn't seem too long too wait. Twenty-five did, and then thirty seemed like forever. At fifty minutes I walked home. The bus never came, the next bus was late, and my toes were too cold. That counts as my adventure today! No Barack Obama - no hanging out with Oren - alas. Since these are extra moments, I will try to fill in some of the blanks of the past weeks. tori

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tori,

Yesterday morning's adventure was far more thrilling for me to read than to hear all your hype about working and living in South America! I mean, who really cares when you've living an exciting life in a foreign land—the greatest adventures happen right at home. Clearly.

I want to know what you had for breakfast. :)

Ha!