Saturday, June 12, 2010

Magic stick...

So our flower girl is having cold feet.  I am not sure whether the mind of an almost four year old can ever be truly made up, so I am still holding my breath.  Her older sister, on the other hand, told me this afternoon that she is a very capable replacement.  Sweet!
 
Monica, this sweet little girl, is still a little shy, so we thought that maybe getting to see her everyday for a week might help her change her mind.  This afternoon I was up visiting with the girls and their mom Amy, my dear ol' college roomie.  Monica forgot where she was and rolled down the stairs while drawing on the patio with her chalk.  I scooped her up, as Amy was on the phone, and we found an ice cube for her smooshed finger.  Surprisingly, the worst complaint was her finger, which had a couple of scrapes.  An ice cube wasn't going to do anything but soothe her tears, so I twisted one up like a piece of candy in a paper towel.  "It isn't cold," she said.  A quick splash of water fixed that, though the tears had already subsided.  Her left forearm and right knee also suffered the slightest of scrapes.  I looked for a little lotion, just to take away the dry look of it, but found none.  So a kiss and a few swipes from my magic stick (a Burt's Bees chapstick from my pocket) made it all better, even with a giggle about how "my mom has that, too".  I replied to Monica that it must be because we're such good friends. 

No comments: