Saturday, July 31, 2010

my FIRST!!!

Hummingbird, that is!  While doing some painting today, I heard the buzz that can only be the sound of a hummingbird.  I peaked out the window, and sure enough!  It even chirped a bit for me; I'm sure in thanks for the delicious red nectar. 

I guess I don't have to move the feeder.  I was a bit concerned about the location actually attracting any hummingbirds, so Marie told me to keep an eye out for where the hummingbirds are hanging out.  Evidently, they will return to the place a feeder was before in hopes of the feeder coming back.  I hadn't actually seen any hummingbirds around the house to observe this behavior, but I did have a very vivid dream of a hummingbird pecking on the flashing of the mudroom (where before there was nothing there) like a woodpecker.  In my dream of course, I recognized that this was where I should hang the feeder, but I guess not...

No comments: