Friday, April 29, 2011

The answer, of course, was "YES!"

It's hard to believe it was two years ago today (well, April 29th was a Wednesday in 2009) that Thomas asked me for forever.  I still remember what a bright sunny day it was.  He showed up after work, and we went out to the porch to work on the crossword puzzles in the Denver Post.  I remember how he was talking up a blue streak, and I just wanted his help on the clues.  Soon he was talking about this medal from his mother to protect him on his wandering ways, and the next thing I know, he is asking me to hold onto it until we can pick out a ring! 
 
I remember what a shocker it was, though we had certainly talked about it.  I was speechless - not an easy state to achieve.  I just wanted to hold him and be held and just savor the moment.
 
Thomas and I celebrated the occasion with a special dinner at our favorite date restaurant - Mr.Sushi.  We headed west towards his apartment and picked up the "Sportster" which he was getting ready to sell.  I hadn't ridden this motorcylce yet, so we were going to take it to dinner.  I was reminding Thomas about how I felt so badly about making him turn around only a couple miles from the house.  It didn't have a second seat, so I was sitting on a sweatshirt on the rear fender and clinging to Thomas tightly.  It was too bouncy and slippery, and my stomach was not enjoying the sloshing around.  We turned around and took the truck. 
 
I can still remember how it felt to want to shout it to everyone everywhere that we just got engaged.  I wanted everyone to know how lucky I was and how loved I was.  It was hard to contain myself.  It still is.  I am such a lucky person to have found my bestest best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thomas is blessed to have you!