Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For my momma

Ooops...I found this in my draft folder.  It is from last Friday.  It is true.  And as a postscript, her Friday didn't turn out as badly as it could have.  As a post-postscript, I really did finish it in the time it took to write this post - ten minutes tops!

My momma is under a little stress.  I kind of get it, because some her stress is the same kind of stress I am grappling with as time is running out for preparations for Holy Week - not to mention other work that needs to be done.  Not sure how I am channeling her, but in addition to praying for her, and I surprise myself by this next part,  I am eating chocolate frosting with a spoon. 
 
I am not a chocolate eater like my momma.  We might joke about her and chocolate, but my sweet tooth has been a little less conventional - ginger, sour candies, etc.  But here I am spooning up chocolate frosting - the remnant of frosting from Daniel's birthday cake.  It's Gail's recipe, and it is good.  And this craving must be my momma's.  Maybe she gave up chocolate for Lent and is channeling her desire for it to me.  Or maybe it is just that time of the month.
 
And now it is gone... 

No comments: