Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New House

You usually can tell when new neighbors are moving in when you see the moving van coming up the road, or the line of pick up trucks of friends to help haul and unload your belongings. Saturday I had finished changing the oil and filter on the Hyundai and was about to change the oil in the Honda when I noticed my neighbor Ruby walking up the road. She had just gone to check the mail, so we visited over the fence. Not long after I had to warn it that she might get hit by a house! I offered to let her through the fence if she needed, but she moved on up the road before the house could catch her. I ran inside to grab my camera, but the second half of the house was already around the corner.
Our neighbors up the road bought a modular house delivered in two pieces (technically different than a double wide). Gratefully the truck stopped where it did, so an extra hand aboard could hold up the phone wire to our house. I, of course, appreciate that he hadn't driven any further!
Watching the house drive up the road.
I asked Thomas if he was sad that we are going the slow route of building our own place bit by bit. But that is what we can afford to do!
Status update: we are getting rebar delivered this week for our footer. With our trip to Portland coming up, we hope to pour the footer the week after we get back.

No comments: