Thursday, August 23, 2012

Seasons Changing...

Officially we have another month until AUTUMN, but would you know, I woke up to a dew-coated car!  We've been enjoying light rains periodically throughout the afternoon and evenings of late.  By "light I don't really mean a drizzle, but a hard downpour that doesn't last long and leaves little trace of its presence five minutes after it stops.  Not complaining - we can use all the moisture that falls!  The mornings have been cool and the nights even cooler.  I even turned the heat on my toes at the beginning of the week when I drove to work, and yesterday I wore a jacket.  Granted I might have turned the AC on both afternoons driving home.

So the seasons are changing in other ways, too.  I drove past "tent city" at Philmont on my way home, and the tents, which were all up this morning, had vanished like fallen leaves from a naked tree.  Tuesday the last troops headed home, and I am sure a lot of staff breathed a little easier knowing things would slow down a little.

And though I have mixed feelings about it, next Monday begins the cycle of long Mondays for work. 

Seasons change...

No comments: