Sunday, June 2, 2013

Date Night

Tom and I don't get too many date nights - we spend most of our nights just the two of us anyway.  And our meals can be pretty fancy, followed by a movie, accompanied by a beer or wine - all at home, of course.  These could arguably be considered date nights, but for the sake of something or other...

Saturday it got warm, so we took a break.  The break turned into a permanent hiatus for the day.  We cleaned up the tools and what not from siding, cleaned up ourselves, and dusted off the Harley.  The little "test drive" a few weeks ago of about a mile had been my first time on the bike since our days in Denver.  And I wouldn't call it a ride.  Our first ride was Saturday night.  Tom took me into Cimarron for dinner at the St. James.  Those first 22 miles were good.  I was trying to move with Tom and the bike on all those turns, and there are a lot of turns.  I had my helmet on, which makes me feel a little like a bobblehead, but safety first, right?  After dinner we backtracked to Philmont for Saturday evening mass, only to find out, after walking around for half an hour, that there would be no Saturday evening masses until next Saturday.  (We drove back in the wind on Sunday evening.)  The ride home was just as exhilarating, though more windy.  I was wondering what a motorcyclist does when coming upon deer in the road and found out.  They didn't scare particularly easy by those loud pipes, which surprised me.

All in all, a great dinner date and walk, a fantastic ride, and a wonderful husband!

No comments: