Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thank God for Buffalo -

I drove to work this morning and said my morning prayers.  They don't take the whole drive, so then I get to thinking.  I asked Tom while we were in Denver last week what he misses about living in Denver.  In a word it all comes down to "convenience".  I would agree, though there are a lot of amazing people I miss even more.

A few minutes out of town is a buffalo pasture.  Seeing the buffalo grazing along the fence-line, I realized I actually had a camera in the car, but drove on into work anyway.  It prompted me to thank God that I live where I do, that the sight of buffalo or eagles or deer or elk is "normal", that in so many ways the life I live is something people pay to have on vacation.  I didn't need to take pictures as I did in Yellowstone (when I still lived in Denver).  What a wonderful thing to be ordinary, though still awesome.

The camera was for capturing my nieces and nephews at their rockin' Christmas performance after school.  The whole town tries to pack into the elementary gym bleachers, which were at least two thirds full half an hour before the show.  We managed to cluster some seats in the middle and then wait....

The show was worth waiting for: band performance by beginning band (Maya) and regular band (Andres) and singing and dancing from Headstart - forth grade (Sara).  Sara's class had lots of singing and dancing.  It was extraordinarily entertaining.  My only regrets are not being able to see Maya through the band director to get her picture and not capturing a photo of Marie in her cuffed jeans and 50s rocker look. 






No comments: