Wednesday, March 12, 2014

House tour

Yes - I cringed when Thomas suggested maybe October was right, just not 2013.  Here's where we are today.  Truly - a ton of progress, though I am getting nervous about colors....  HELP!

Our front hallway - the hall is textured, ceiling oiled...
I hope to build a bench and shelf for the closet.

Though I don't think he enjoys the drywall work, Tom did a beautiful design on the front hall.

 the main space - kitchen to the east, dining table in the middle, and living room to the west

the guest room is serving as a great storage space

the guest bathroom is pretty functional - this saves me from having to go back to the trailer to go...

I installed the lights...hopefully I did it right!

 the stairs lead down on the west side - I hope to build a low book shelf that will serve as part of the banister for the long west edge.

looking into the basement - future tv room and computer space and a workshop each for Tom and I

the kitchen is slowly coming together - the cabinets on the south side are installed - spaced for the dishwasher / sink / stove; the island and desk side on the north will wait until we get the wall textured, etc.
Fridge goes in the corner on the other side of the tall cabinet.

 ours is not a working water closet - still texturing the walls....

once the tile is picked out, we can get this all prettied up, too.

Our hard work is paying off.  Soon and very soon....(but not that soon!)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Nicely done!