Monday, March 3, 2014

Wintery Advisory

Last week I was feeling grumpy because it was too windy to really get out and walk after work.  Exercise has not been easy for me, as I took for granted in the city that walking and biking everywhere was really killing two birds with one stone.  I hate making excuses for not walking, but the wind really can make it so uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the wind has been moving a lot of clouds in and out for some beautiful sunsets!

So Thursday, I harrumphed and decided to just get a fire started and go work on the house. The weekend before we pulled the crappy paper tape from a few seams, which then had to be re-mudded, sanded, and then re-textured.  This done, I was ready to paint.  I had already brushed the corners, the tops and bottoms of the wall, and around the switches/outlets, so I was really ready to roll - rock and roll, of course, as I turned up the tunes on my phone.  Up on the scaffolding, things were moving quickly.  The wall was sucking the roller dry, and I soon realized that with one can of primer/sealer left, I might not make it all the way around the walls.  Up and down, scootching the scaffolding this way and that, I made good progress. 

About an hour into it, Thomas showed up, said hello, and headed in to the house.  I wasn't ready to stop.  The wind was kicking up and was making so much noise, it sounded like rain.  Five minutes later I hopped down to check if it really was rain.  The sky had been clear when I got home, save for dark clouds over the mountains.  Evidently, the wind moved the clouds over us for so much needed moisture.  And then I realized I'd have to make my way back in the dark (no flashlight) and mud and rain.  The first inclination to be frustrated was overcome by excitement to dance in the rain.  It's been a long, long while.





The east wall (left side of corner) didn't get painted, but soon....

So now, what color to paint the walls...anyone??

No comments: