Thursday, April 17, 2014

Let's Do the Time Warp Again

I am so off today - completely confused about whether I am coming or going or or ???  It's a long day for me in town, as I am not going home before the Holy Thursday service.  I have music to practice for the five services of which I get to be a part between now and Easter dinner, so I won't be bored.

But I just can't get my bearings with the time today.  Last night I went straight to Fire Training from music practice.  I was hungry and cold when I got home, as we were outside doing water drills in the rain.  YES - RAIN!!!  It was very exciting to have rain.  I got a fire going and a hot meal in my belly.  I was tired enough to go to bed early, so I did.  It was wonderful to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.  Around 11:30 pm the power started flickering, which caused the fire pager to tone the "powering up" sound repeatedly.  Then finally the power stayed off, noted by the fading sound of the smoke alarm losing power.

It came back on sometime in the dark of morning, but in my morning fog, I didn't think so clearly.  I turned off my alarm and got ready for work.  The rain had turned to snow at some point, and there was a wet layer of it across the car.  I planned to stop at Philmont to make copies, so I wanted to be sure and not leave too early or the office wouldn't be open yet.  I checked the clock and saw that it was already ten till, so I took off.  About half way to work, I realized it wasn't even 7:40 am.  It was only then that it occurred to me that the kitchen clock is electric, and I really didn't know which hour it was ten till.  At least I didn't get caught behind the school bus.

I got to work extra early without copies in hand.  Silly me...what time is it?

No comments: