Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day

It was a while ago - Mother's Day.  It doesn't entirely feel so long ago, as I remember it most vividly.  After my barbed wire puncture to the knee, I kept an eye on it and signs of illness.  It bruised out to the size of a baseball at one point (and it's still tender today), but decidedly the illness that followed was a stomach bug from my husband. 

The day we irrigated we also agreed on a color for the kitchen.  Reluctant to make such commitments, I said yes to "good morning sunshine", and Tom brought home five gallons of it.  Saturday, May 10th we slapped that yellow up on the walls, but held back a little. 




The north and east walls were thoroughly coated and bright!  They also gave a nice warm reflection off the sanded ceiling.  We held back, as we thought it might be a bit much to do the south and west walls, too.  Maybe a bit overwhelming...

We packed up early on Saturday, happy with all we'd accomplished, so we could get ready for a graduation party.  Unfortunately, not ten minutes from home, I was puking my guts out on the side of the highway - gross!  I spent most of the next 48 hours F.O.B. (flat on back).  It was a sedate Mother's Day for me, mellow wishes to the moms.  Sadly, I missed my nieces First Communion, too.  

No comments: