Thursday, September 25, 2014

It'll all change in a week!

Progress and change come quick...sometimes.

 The closet I worked on Saturday - the cedar planking along the bottom makes it smell so nice.  And now it is ready for clothes and all sorts of other storage bins.

My floor!  I take a little pride in the pattern, though Pop told me it wasn't random enough.  I told him that's why it is a "pattern".  These were tiles we picked up with the ones for the bathroom - cheap and easy to install.  But I admit that it took longer than Tom thought it would.  I guess I am just slow and messy, which makes me even more slow, which makes me want to hurry, which makes me messier....ah the vicious circle!
(from this angle where a cupboard will be, the chest freezer will be to my left along the north wall, and the shop sink, dryer, and washer will be across the far/south wall)

Tom conceded to my request for gray grout, which meant exchanging the white for it when he was near a Home Depot.  He finished this over the weekend, which looks really good with the floor, too.  It's ready for bathing, though we still need to pick out a shower curtain.

Already since these pictures, the mudroom floor has been waxed a couple times and is ready for buffing.  Tom got the flashing screwed down, and the seams are sprayfoamed.  We've got a few sheets of drywall to throw up and texture and paint, and then there's the plumbing to install.  By next Sunday it will hopefully be full of appliances once again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, nice Elfa shelving.... ;-)