Wednesday, November 12, 2014

House pics

The house continues to be a work in progress.  After only a week in the house, I was gone for over a week, and I am still playing catch up...

Pics from the house the first week in it - note: I argued the plants all needed to get moved in because the trailer would be too cold to keep them alive.  Tom argued the trailer was too cold for watching TV, even though it is not to be a permanent feature of the living room.  So the plants and TV made the move and quickly filled in the empty spaces.  






Then, in the first week, I had a day off for Columbus Day, so I finished painting the mud porch and hung a coat rack and moved in a shoe bench.  More recently we built a shelf under the cabinets to hold recycling, kitchen things, root veggies, etc.




A week ago I helped Thomas finish the work on the chimney, which he started while I was gone.  We also finished planing the wood for the stair shelves, which he's also gotten halfway done while I was gone.



The other task he started on in my absence and finished in the last couple weeks is the guest room walls.  He textured, and then I painted.  I still want to hit the windows, closet, and loft with yellow.





No comments: