Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lesson No. 2

Don't expect to get as much sleep as the time between going to bed and when the alarm will go off.

Parents probably learn this one much differently when they bring home a newborn and go through the feeding and crying and wet diaper sleep cycles.  Jumping in to the sleep routine without this buffer may leave an unsuspecting night owl a little groggy when the alarm never gets to go off.

I had so much fun with the kids during my week of sitting on babies, but I cannot say I had so much sleep.  The four year old managed to sleep in his own bed all night.  "All night" is just a relative term, and it usually ended around 6:30 am.  Sweet as could be, he would pad into wake me to tell me he was "hungwy" - even on Saturday!  At 6:30 am!

With his little brother after the little one got to go to a fire station and get his own fire hat...

No comments: