Tuesday, November 25, 2014

They Arrived!!

After a lot of eye rolling and huffiness on my part, our furniture was delivered yesterday!  Supposedly they got our number wrong and couldn't reach us to schedule the delivery.  It seems that once they got our number, they still didn't know how to use it.  But when it is all said and done, I made it home five minutes before the truck arrived yesterday and managed to move everything out of the way to make room for them (why didn't Tom and I do this Sunday night?).

this beauty was the easiest delivery, as we preferred to assemble it ourselves because we weren't sure if we'd need to cut it down because of the window; it's hecho en mexico and really lovely.
The cardboard in the window is only temporary.
It's great not to be sleeping on the floor anymore!!
(yes - that is the penguin blanket I got for Christmas 28 years ago - it is covering the lovely gray comforter with yellow daisies embroidered on it)

much more difficult to get in the house was the table - even coming in through the sliding door, they still had to take off two legs.  In a couple days I will get a picture of it with the leaf and eleven people sitting around it.  It's a nice stout table, and yes, Tom and I both sat at the heads of the table for dinner last night.  He thought we needed the leaf in but I thought eight feet away from each other was plenty far.

 Hooray and thanks to family and friends who helped with the table!  It is great, and I can't wait for all the meals shared around it with family and friends alike!

No comments: