Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nothing exciting...

Well that is not exactly true. But over the last four days I have worked forty-one hours, and tomorrow I expect to put in another ten or so. I shouldn't complain because plenty of professionals work eleven hour days regularly, but it just doesn't feel right to my tight shoulders and computer eyes. I am working on a monstrous grant. Unfortunately the level of evaluation expected is beyond anything I have done before and anything I have a passion to do ever again. And while it is an important funding source, it was down graded in what we can ask for (by 100Gs), so that I am putting in hours and hours and hours makes it feel like a lot of work for a diminished pot o' gold. It isn't due until December, but I really want to enjoy a Thanksgiving Holiday and to be thankful for a solid four days away from work! The exciting news is that Mary may Thomas is back in town. Jennifer helped her surprise me by keeping a secret that Mary and her dad would join us for drinks and eats after church last Saturday. What a great surprise!! And more exciting news is that my tickets arrived for Michael Franti and Spearhead!! I am going to both Friday and Saturday shows with Jennifer and Tom respectively. My physical therapist said no jumping and be careful, and she predicts I will be unable to do more than stand on Saturday night. My friend Jessica from DUG will be there, and hopefully Mary is going to get tickets, too. And extra exciting are the plans for next week when Tom's family arrives from New Mexico on Tuesday and Wednesday. I look forward to helping prepare Thanksgiving dinner with Tom, though there will be no turkey for anyone. He is making prime rib, and I don't have to help with that one. I will be making the Ford Family Mashed Potatoes, though I think I will try Colorado red potatoes in the recipe. I am looking forward to the fun - eye on the prize....get through a few more long days and then be thankful! Be thankful!

No comments: