Monday, December 22, 2008

still more traditions...

There are still more things to write about; though with last minute "everything" before leaving for Portland tomorrow, it is easy to forget the meaningful memories of this joyous season.  One such tradition, that I took a few moments out of my morning to do, is the rhyming Christmas card.  The poem has been a tradition my mom started before I could even speak - I think.  As Advent gets busier and busier for Mom, the card is often finished and/or mailed during one of the twelve days of Christmas.  I thought this year I would do her a favor and send her my lines instead of ideas for my lines.  Then Auggie e-mailed me his ideas, and I sent her his lines.  Then this morning I saw that Miki, Dad, and Nick sent me their ideas.  So I sat and typed up a few lines to help Mom out.  I have no intentions of taking over the tradition, but it is a lot of fun, and I always love a challenge.  peace and blessings...tori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tori! we look forward to getting that card very soon...and seeing you even sooner...love t, d, g and your g-daughters