Friday, June 19, 2009

the countdown nears its end...

Well, with all the cleaning and such, I forgot to countdown.  Now it seems mere minutes away!  My parents flew in this morning.  We had a terrific time wandering around.  I showed them the farm, and they met Deb & Faatma.  We made it to SAME Cafe, where we will have an engagement party tomorrow after church.  And then home!  My mom helped me get a little settled in post-surgery last June, so she was delighted to see how things turned out.  My dad likes the place, too, though cable to watch the US Open was lacking.  We went over to the hotel where Tom's family is staying to drop off tickets to tonight's baseball game, so they've all met.  It was fun to sit and talk for a bit before I took my parents up the road to their hotel to tuck them in for an afternoon nap.  When Tom gets cleaned up from work, we'll rendezvous with our parents for a dinner out!  Oh goodie...

No comments: