Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The meeting...

The meeting of Tom's parents, his sister and her family with my parents went well! Phew! We had a fun weekend. I took that Friday off and showed my parents around the farm and to Same Cafe for lunch. My dad got to see my apartment, and my mom saw the transformation from a year earlier when she came to help me move in. Marie and company went to the Rockies game Friday night, while the six of us went out for a nice dinner - the first meeting. We had a great time, good conversation, and some laughs, too. Saturday the sky looked like it would open up at any minute. We nixed the bbqing in the park plan, as that would only be a temptation to the sky. My parents came over and then the Vigils and Salas family rotated through the place. After church we went to Same Cafe and set up for a fantastic party. Many friends joined us, our parents toasted us, and we got to sample Tom's first batch of mead. A great night...a lot of fun! Sunday was pretty low key as we hung out here in the morning. Marie and family came and hung out for a while before they had to hit the road home, and my parents spent the afternoon hanging out. It was father's day, so we planned to take my parents out for sushi at our favorite place - Mr. Sushi at Wadsworth and Bowles in Littleton. We drove all the way over - the opposite direction of the airport, mind you, only to find they were not opening until the time we needed to leave for the airport. One other place in the vicinity that we haven't tried was also closed. We got stuck in traffic and ended up having to drop them off at the airport without lunch or dinner. To make it worse, the airport was crowded, security lines were long, the brew pub they found to grab a bite had run out of hamburger buns for my dad's order, and the icing on the cake: the flight was an hour late. I felt rotten for not getting to treat them after the treated us to such a wonderful weekend - both of our parents were and are extra great! How lucky we are to know we have them behind us...

No comments: