Thursday, January 10, 2013

the EVE

Today I feel excited.  It's been quite a first week and a half of the year - both of us plagued with a cold/sinus junk that left us spending our first weekend of the year peering out at the sunshine from under blankets while we rested and kept up our fluids and the fire.  It's also been really cold - wearing long underwear everyday to work is starting to get a little old. 

But the year starts out with a party right away - Tom's birthday is tomorrow!  Tonight I am baking German Chocolate cake and frosting it with coconut for a get together tomorrow.  We haven't seen much of anyone since Christmas, so it will be good to see everyone, too.  Mostly, though, I look forward to celebrating the love of my life - thank God I found him!

And I'm excited because the calendar shows that I'll be seeing my mom this month and next and then hopefully the Greenlees in March - much fun to anticipate!  In the meantime I am always so delighted for the occasional chat with Ollie on skype - who entertains and lets me see how big he's getting.  He's always so generous sharing his cheerios or the pretend foods from his toy kitchen, which I dramatically munch on in thanks.  He shows off his dancing and growing vocabulary.  He's always a delight. 

And who wouldn't be giggling after watching this.  The latest video is actually him patiently waiting for me to be available to skype for a couple minutes.  The message he typed and sent me leaves a little to the imagination, but I think it was something like, "Where are you, Tia?  I want to show you a new dance I made up."  Precious!

No comments: