Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blessed Monday!

It is no secret that I am not a Monday person.  The shift of weekend to work starting all over again on Monday mornings has certainly lessened with as many Sundays that I work a couple ours with youth group or other retreats, but Mondays still remain my least favorite.  It's also usually a long day with our evening classes, getting me home between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.

Yesterday was not a Monday, even if the calendar said Monday.

Tom's alarm goes off before mine, again and again.  Usually I grumble about it interrupting my last minutes of sleep over and over again, but yesterday it announced that school was on a two hour delay in Raton and still snowing. This meant Tom, who works in Raton, would also be getting a two hour delay (this did not, however, result in the turning off of the alarm).  When I peeked out our bedroom window, the world was covered with a blanket of sparkling white, and the sky was nearly cloudless from that vantage point.

In snowy conditions I wait it out, not wanting to hit the highway in the midst of "rush hour" traffic.  I also wait until I can call the office to see what it is like in Cimarron.  Better to be safe than sorry, right?  And after requiring assistance out of a snow bank a couple winters ago, I am not eager to find myself there again.  Needless to say, I got to sleep in a little with Thomas, too, and getting in late meant that it wasn't such a long day after all.

Work was work was work - got stuff done, had a good class, etc.  I may have been a bit jealous of Thomas, who ended up getting to stay home after school was cancelled in Raton (his office's policy is that when schools delay or close, so do they).  It would have been fun to have a "free day" with Tom at home, though I felt certain I would have ticked him off by pushing to get stuff done and be productive.  But it wasn't a bad day for me by any means.  I enjoyed seeing the kids at class and had a good drive home with my nieces and nephew. 

When I arrived home, I started unlacing my boots and to my surprise looked up to see a clean kitchen floor.  Tom also vacuumed the living room.  I could tell because I accidentally tracked dirt through the living room and kitchen in the morning when I put on the shoes I wore Saturday when we worked in the dirt.  I fully intended to come home and clean up - even told Tom I would when I kissed him good-bye, but Tom beat me to it.  What a great surprise - plus he'd just pulled a cheese pizza out of the oven before I got home and shared a few pieces with me.  What a terrific guy, huh?

No comments: