Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grease Monkey Day

I thank Thomas for teaching me how to change the oil in a car every time I have the opportunity to do it.  I'm a dork for enjoying Grease Monkey Day, and I know it. 

Yesterday was a lovely blue-sky kind of day, a kind we haven't had in a week, as we've been enjoying rain.  (Yes - "enjoying" - we haven't been hit like neighbors to the north and south with flooding rains.)  The kind of dry-ground day when you don't mind laying under your car. It's been a long time coming, so when Tom got home from work, I asked if he would help.  And like the gem he is, he said, "Yes."  Not only did I get to change to oil, he also helped me rotate my tires. 

It is mind-blowing to the version of myself from ten years ago how a car can accumulate miles so fast.  The days of biking, busing, and walking to work or the store or church or the library or (insert almost anywhere in town a person might go) are only a memory.  At least we're getting more mileage out of these tires than the pair I had. Thanks, Thomas!  I appreciate your strength and knowledge and guidance.

No comments: