Thursday, January 30, 2014

If the Trailer's a Rockin'...

...there's a good chance we're grumpy.  Not what one might expect, I know.  The winds picked up last night something fierce!  And "fierce" might be an understatement.  We are eager for our home to be habitable, as the single-wide trailer is not too immune to wind.  Being set an angle - NW to SE, it catches the wind in a terrible way, and all night the rocking, the flexing of a metal roof and siding and skirting, the shuddering.  Even the blinds were clacking against the walls and window with the gusts.  Needless to say, not our best night of sleep.

This morning I could not be soothed, just had to get up early, and get my show on the road.  My trip to the bathroom felt like walking on a boat - the swaying bit.  And when I looked across the room into a hanging mirror, it was tilting back and forth.  What will always strike me as funny in these times is how the water in the toilet sloshes back and forth from the air blowing down the air vent.  How crazy!  I got to work just before 7:30 am - passed the bus on its way to the first bus stop!  And it's a good thing, too.  I was much better prepared for the two hour power outage with a pot of hot tea made and the office warmed up (before the cool down without heat). 

What a day, what a day!  If only the forecasts for snow this weekend are true...we could use the moisture big time! And a happy shout out to Mom and Pop for loaning me a key to the house after I locked myself out Tuesday afternoon.

No comments: