Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Stuck in the Snow

The last week of February landed me at home three days because of snow, snow, and more snow. 

On Thursday I actually got stuck in the snow.  I was overly cautious - staying home because it was snowing in the morning, and then staying home because the wind picked up at noon.  It wasn't just that its speed picked up, but it was picking up snow by the handful.  The accumulation of snow over three days was actually cleared to the dirt in many areas and deposited in drifts.  Pop called to make sure I was home safe, as the highway was being blown over and piled with snow in spots.  Daniel said the drifts he negotiated through on the way home would have been to high for my little car. 

I did need to get out of the house for a meeting in the late afternoon, and while I could have walked, the wind would have made it challenging.  I warmed up my car, backed away from the house, and found myself in one of those darn drifts.  Really - I made it twenty feet before I got stuck.  Gratefully, Pop came and collected me from the highway after I trudged out to it.  And even more gratefully, Tom was able to get the car out later in the night.

The drift at the gate where we turn off from the road ended up getting to be about two feet high.  And now...most of that snow is mud!  Driving in it feels like an old rickety roller coaster that jerks from side to side, pulling me all over the place!  It might be a while before we can "fix" all the dirt.

No comments: