Friday, March 13, 2015

three...

three little stories -

It's baby cow season, and I think they're so darn cute!  Driving to work I saw a baby cow in the pasture.  All the other cows and calves had moved on far beyond in the pasture.  The momma was left standing next to her calf looking back over her shoulder at her baby while leaning slightly in the direction of the rest of the herd.  It was just an amusing image, as I projected anthropomorphic thoughts on the pair - the momma impatient for the baby and the baby just in his own little world.  How many times did my momma have to wait on me?!?

I see lots of crows every day - always sitting on fence posts and phone lines and signs.  They often hop in and out of the roadway to pick over "breakfast" as cars pass by.  Yesterday there were three of them hopping around and stirring up a frenzy.  Then I saw that a golden eagle was taking his time, and they were impatiently waiting for their turn at breakfast.  Again with the anthropomorphism - I could hear their choice words as they hovered and hopped around the eagle.  I wondered if we look that ridiculous when we start losing our cool and getting impatient for our turn.

And I saw a live Rainbow!!  "Baby Rainbow" is what my nephew has been calling his baby brother in utero - and now that he's been born, he still is.  My sister and her husband had Isaac on Wednesday, making him three days old!  I was so blessed to video chat with them today - a long little bean at 20.5" and 7lb 2oz.  I can't wait to meet him in a month and help out with his brothers.

No comments: