Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Colors

Having returned from Portland late on a Wednesday, I only had one week to hang out in Denver before leaving for a conference in Philadelphia.  That weekend, I begged Tom to take me to see the fall colors, I mean color.  Saturday I had a brunch date with Minerva and a movie date with Jennifer before church and a dinner date with Tom and his friends, so Sunday, I bundled up and got ready to ride!  Tom and I took the motorcycle up to Kenosha Pass for picture taking and my longest motor cycle ride yet.  It was potentially training for a trip to New Mexico, which would be about four times as long a ride. 
 
The colors were magnificent.  My bum was a little sore, but not bad.  A slight sprinkle of rain made the ride up a little exciting.  We packed snacks in the saddle bags and hiked around briefly in the pass.  There were so many people, but I managed to snap some photos sans tourists.  I could snap pictures all day, but they don't do justice to the magic of being in the trees and seeing the blue sky and the evergreens in contrast.  Alas...
 
The ride back was "fast and furious" - not really any faster than the way up, but no stops for us because I needed to get home for the Community Garden Cook-off and Party.  Jake Nistler met me there, and we had a great "catch-up" as well as a conversation with the distiller at Stranahans.  What a great weekend!!

No comments: