Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Trip to Portland

Once again, time elapses, and posts do not make their way to this blog.  Ooops!  But really, when you hear all the things I have been up to...
 
So Tom joined me in Portland as a surprise to my dad, who turned 60 in September.  Tom and Marty took on my dad and Nick in some serious putt-putt misadventures.  All the while, my mom, sister, and I were working on wedding to-do's for Miki.  There was a large and loud and really enjoyable birthday party for my dad, which lasted many hours of prep, party, and more party.  I think we celebrated four or five days in a row. 
 
After Tom headed home for work, I got to spend time with all my goddaughters, with my grandma, and with the fam.  Miki, Mom, and I went wedding dress shopping - lots of fun watching Miki change clothes so many times.  Sadly it took no effort on my part, which I could have used after a full breakfast with Miki and high school friend Dr. Maryanne.  Sophie, Ava, and I had our traditional lunch date during a school day.  Amy's three girls entertained me to no end...I was thrilled they were not shy of me!  And Grandma and I got to visit Grandpa with a few roses and dahlias.  What a full week!

No comments: