Tuesday, October 14, 2008

no pictures of this weekend...

So after arriving late on Wednesday, Friday night I dashed home from work, furiously harvesting at three gardens.  A freeze was expected, and who knew if the tomatoes would make it, or anything else!  I tossed an overnight bag together and ran out the door with garden treats and birthday cards and gifts.  We celebrated family dinner in Castle Rock for Oren's birthday.  It was a lot of fun, and Baby Ezra is so stinkin' cute!  So why didn't I pull camera out?  As the party ended, I said good-bye to the guests, pleased I would get to sleep over and not drive home.  The pleased feeling wore off early Saturday morning when Tom and I left Castle Rock at 6:15 am for a quick trip to Miami, New Mexico.  One more birthday to celebrate!  His goddaughter/niece Maya celebrated the seven on Friday, but we all celebrated with pizza and cake and a brief power outage on Saturday.  This Thursday she will get to celebrate with Chuckie Cheese in "the big city" after she visits the doctor to get her cast off, but we were happy to be the consolation party at home.  She got Pop n Hop, a game like Trouble.  I thought of Miss Maddie-moo, who I hear has come to love the game and asked for playdates with Grandma to try her luck. 
 
Sunday mornning we were up early for church with his parents, and I had to laugh at the older woman in church who told me she couldn't remember where I live, as if we'd ever met before.  Just small town gossip, or is it church life?  Tom reminded me that everyone knew who he was when we went to church and had sixty people over at my parents' house looking at him knowingly.  Anywho, we had a quick visit with his grandma, who was impressed I knew Spanish.  Gratefully she didn't ask me to speak it, or her impression of me may have soured.  After visiting with all the other households, away we went...back to Denver!
 
So now I am here, at home.  I bough groceries and have a full fridge, somewhat of a novelty, as it hasn't been that way with all the coming and going.  Tom's family is coming here for Thanksgiving, so I don't know I have anywhere to go until Christmas.  I am sure I can come up with something if I get bored, but right now I am looking forward to getting to read the paper, cook some meals, and catch up with friends I haven't seen in eons...like Britta and Ryan, who I picked up from the airport tonight, and Marycate, who I ate dinner with afterwards.  Hooray...  

No comments: