Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday, Monday!

It's been a busy week and a half, and yet I have enjoyed some laziness, too.  The past two Saturdays have been firewood-getting days.  Amazing to go to the same spot two weeks in a row an notice how dramatically the colors change (or disappear in the case of falling leaves)!

From the 13th - a beautiful sunny day when Pop, Daniel, Tom, and I made quick work of loading the trucks - it felt great to be so active, except that I tripped on a small branch and tore back a fingernail.  Not one of my most graceful moments, but who needs fingernails when you're loading wood?


From this past Saturday, our way up wasn't blocked by cows or deer, but burros and their cute little burritos!


After we loaded Dave's truck, Tom handed me the chainsaw and told me to start cutting.  It was a lot of fun, though it is tough on a low back.  I felled two trees and then blocked them and some other wood besides.  It was fun, and I am grateful Tom snapped some pics.

Timber!  Tom actually took a series of shot, flip book style, where you can watch the tree fall if you can flip through them fast enough.

In other news we've been spending QT with family and each other.  A week ago our Ministerial Alliance held a fiesta, and my dance partner showed up to sweep me off my feet.  The music of Amistad was terrific, and though we didn't polka, I loved every minute of it and laughed a great deal, too.  I also got to hang out with my nieces and nephew, who showed me the bear that was hanging out in Miami last Thursday.  He was treed early in the morning, and when we came home from school, he was still there.
It's a little blurry because he picked a good spot to hide, and nobody wants to get too close and risk that bear deciding to get down.  Andres took the shot for me, and you can see the bear's head and ear above the branch and good dangling below.

And while it is a Monday, things are a-okay.  Much to do, but what's new?!? 

No comments: