Thursday, May 23, 2013

Long-Distance Love

This is not a post about how Tom and I call each other every night to say "good night" and "I love you" and "I miss you."  It is true, though, as a training has temporarily separated us.  It happens, and absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?  I do look forward to our reunion, quickly followed by the arrival of a couple Columbine Girls to help on the house during the long weekend.  These long-distance loves are important.

But what is melting my heart - really "who" - is my godson.  Check out this post by his parents about his love for pumpkin bread, which I subtly confuse for his love of his long-distance tia.  So precious!  He's about to become a big brother, so I thought a special batch of pumpkin bread to help him through the transition might be good.  What with the long weekend, his family's plans, and the mail not working for a couple days, he's just going to have to wait until next week for his tia.....and for the real thing, probably a little longer.

No comments: